Skokie Police Plan Independence Day Road Checks
Love your liberty! Avoid jail by staying sober if you drive this long holiday weekend.
Skokie police will conduct safety checks during the July 4th holiday between midnight and 3 a.m., the hours when an overwhelming number of accident and traffic deaths occur, according to information from the Illinois Department of Transportation and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Skokie police are planning checkpoints on Saturday on the 8700 block of Skokie Boulevard, and Sunday on the 5200 block of Touhy Avenue, from 11:15 pm to 3:15am.
To avoid becoming a jail or crime statistic, police recommend:
- designating a sober driver ahead of time
- Not letting friends or family drive impaired
- Using taxis or public transportation
- Reporting impaired drivers to police
- Always wear a safety belt.
Credit: Skokie Review.